All user management actions are carried out in the Users section.
To add a user(s) to your data room, hit the Invite button and follow the steps below:
1. Paste the users' email addresses into the top bar:
We recommend using the Bulk User Invitation feature to send out multiple invitations at a time.
This is further described in the section “Inviting users to a group”.
2. Create the name and choose the group role:
User groups are divided into 2 types - Administrators and Users with 2 roles within each type. These roles define the level of users’ access to the data room functionality:
- Full administrators: users with full administrative rights: ability to invite and manage users, view activity reports, manage permissions and the Q&A section of the entire data room.
- Restricted administrators are able to manage only selected user groups. They may be authorized to view or manage permissions of the selected user groups and access their activity reports. To select the groups for the restricted admins to manage, go to the “Groups to administrate” setting. As with any other user group, in the Q& settings, you can limit the number of questions posted by a group of restricted admins:
- Collaboration users can see and communicate with other users within their group. This type of users can post group notes, communicate with other group members and Q&A coordinators, and can be optionally authorized to see users of other collaboration groups, communicate with them in the Q&A section, and see their activity reports. In the Q&A settings, you can define a limit of questions they can post to the coordinators:
- Individual users are not able to see and communicate with other users. Their level of access to the data room includes: browsing through the available document structure, creating personal notes, viewing personal activity reports, communicating with Q&A coordinators.
3. Set up permissions for the group:
For a more detailed description of each permission, please refer to the section Document permissions.
4. Configure Security settings, Access to Q&A and other: