Searching is executed by means of our Optical Character Recognition system (OCR). The OCR enables search for words and/or phrases inside the documents and folders, as well as their titles. You can not only use several search queries at a time, but also apply additional filters – new, favorites, viewed by, etc.
To make searching through the uploaded documents and folders easy and convenient, do the following:
- Type in your search request
In this case, the search results will include hits of the entire phrase, separate words and partial matches from the query in the titles of the files and folders.
- Make full use of the advanced search options:
- Search by Partial match (search for the partial match in the document titles and/or contents) or by Exact match (search for the exact phrase or part of it).
- Use logical operators AND/OR/EXCLUDE to narrow down the search area.
- Decide whether you want to conduct the search in Titles, Document content or both.
- Apply the additional filters: Favorites, New, Viewed and Type of the file (folder, .XLS, .DOC, .JPEG, .PNG, etc).
List of available filters:
The filter "New" displays the content that has been uploaded within the last 24 or 48 hours, 7 or 30 days, and all time. You can also select your own time interval for this filter.
"Viewed" filters out the documents that have been viewed by you and your group, or the ones that have not yet been checked out by you or your group.
"Favorites" (starred) shows the list of documents marked as your favorite. To add a document to your favorites, hit the star icon on the right side of the document’s title.
The filter "Type" displays the list of content based on the chosen file format: