There are different levels of Permissions available in the data room. Full Administrator users may change permissions to other users, giving or removing access to different functions of the system. You may change permissions to documents for any group in any moment. All permissions management is based on the group level.
Permissions hierarchy contains eight levels and two types of View permission for Excel files:
None: a user cannot see a folder or a file listed in the data room.
Fence view: user will be able to view files in browser, but only part of the file will be visible. Zone of a screen where user hovers cursor is visible, while other part of a file is masked with a fence.
Main part of the document is protected by "fence", moreover, there are watermarks on it. This feature is unique and it prevents copying the whole page from camera shot attacks.
View: user will be able to view files protected by watermarks in browser. Fence view can be enabled/disabled by user (the feature will be useful for working in public or crowded locations.).
Additionally, there is a possibility to choose one of two special View permissions for Excel files:
- Secure analysis option allows users to see formulas in Excel documents.
- No formulas options makes formulas invisible for users.
Download encrypted file - user will be able to download encrypted version of the file:
- for MS Office documents ( doc | docx | xls | xlsx | xlsm| ppt | pptx ) - the special IRM encrypted version will be downloaded to allow working with the native yet protected file (users will need to authenticate to open the document). In addition, it is possible to assign one of two modes of access for Excel:
- Secure analysis option allows users to see formulas in Excel documents, apply own formulas, use macros, edit the document, yet copying, saving changes, making screen capture are disabled.
- No formulas option will make formulas invisible for users along with disabling editing and data analysis capabilities. Copying, saving changes, making screen capture are disabled.
- for PDF documents and other convertible formats - user will be able to download PDF with password protection. User will be prompted to fill in login details and an SMS-code (if you switch on 2-step verification on user's account). Internet connection is required to open the document. Encrypted PDF is also protected by watermarks. Access to encrypted PDF may be restricted by changing permission or disabling a user. Additionally you are able to track any file viewing or downloading event in Reports.
Print: in addition to all above permissions user will be able to print documents.
Download PDF: user will be able to download documents in pdf format with watermarks and you will be able to track any downloading event in reports in addition to all mentioned features of lower access levels. However, there is no password protection.
Download original: user will be able to download documents in original format. You will not be able to track any events of this file but downloading event. It will not be possible to revoke access to downloaded original document.
Upload: this permission is intended for the user groups responsible for uploading data to their specific folder but without full administrative rights. For example, tender participants will upload their documentation into their dedicated folder from their side, or you assign your Marketing or IT department to upload their reports into the folder from your side so that the investors could see it. This access level is the highest one and includes all the features mentioned above.
Upload permission also allows to delete/move/rename the documents inside the folder which was assigned this permission.
Binary files: our system converts most of the office formats into the protected version:
pdf | txt | doc | docx | xls | xlsx | xlsm| ppt | pptx | pub | rtf | htm | html | mht | jpg | jpeg | jpe | gif | bmp | png | tif | tiff | wmf | flv | mp4 | mov | avi | wmv| m4v | mpg | mxf | mkv | 3gp | mpeg | ts | asf | f4v | dwg
Files of other formats are considered as binary.
If permission higher than none is applied to binary files then the system will set Download original permission by default.
When you set the chosen permission, don’t forget to press “Apply”. You may also cancel the changes.
Permissions Fence view. Download encrypted file, automatic conversion of .dwg or other special formats are available in PRO subscription.