Full administrators have the option to close a project in the General settings menu. When closing a data room, the admin can order a flash drive archive with the contents of the VDR. To close a data room and order a drive, please follow these steps:
1. Hit the gear icon at the top right corner and select General settings;
2. In the PROJECT MANAGEMENT section click “Close data room”;
3. Decide whether you want to close the project Now or Later:
- with the option Now, the project will close as soon as you confirm this step in the next window.
- with the option Later, you can schedule automatic data room closure on a specified date and time.
4. At this stage, you can order a flash drive archive with the contents of your data room by filling out the order form below:
- Specify the amount by opening the drop-down menu and selecting the necessary number.
- Specify the flash drive settings.
- Specify the recipient's details.
The documents can be recorded onto a drive either in their original file format (the format in which the documents were uploaded to the data room) or in the PDF version (the format the documents have been converted to after being uploaded to the VDR).
Note: Binary files are recorded in their original file type.
You can order either an editable or a non-editable drive. In the first case, it is possible to edit and delete the documents from the drive, while the contents of a non-editable flash drive cannot be modified.
You can also choose to include reports and the recycle bin by selecting them among “Additional documents and reports”.
A flash drive order can also be placed at any other stage of your project:
In case you have scheduled the closure, the event will be saved and available for editing or cancellation in the General settings.
Upon closure, the documents in your data room will be stored on our servers for up to 3 years unless the project administrator emails us with the request to erase the data.
Please contact the iDeals Customer Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or your Customer Success Manager to order the flash drives in case the project is closed.